Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Birthday John!!! (Oh yeah... and Happy Cinco de Mayo)

Today is John's Birthday and in honor of the occasion we made our favorite dinner...

It's a Rachel Ray recipe - Mini Meatloaves and Smashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese. Delicious!! I forgot to take a picture of our plates on the table so you'll have to settle for the ones that were left in the pan.


Next we made chocolate chip cookies. They are cooling right now and I can't wait to eat them. I was all for just eating the dough and saving the cook time, but John likes his cookies cooked so we put them in the oven. I did sample the dough though so I know they're good.

Mmmmm... Cookie Dough :)


Cookies are ready to go in the oven

Here we are waiting to eat some cookies :)


All in all it has been a great birthday dinner. John's been working very hard finishing up his semester and I think he appreciated the break from studying. We of course miss all our family and friends and we wish we could have shared this day with you but we are glad we can share the moments of our lives through this blog. Oh and the cookies turned out amazing. If anyone would like recipes let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment